Author Topic: Painting Teeth  (Read 10408 times)

Offline Valkyrie

• Administrator
  • Ruler of all I survey
    • Dolls-n-Daggers
Painting Teeth
« on: September 13, 2011, 11:04:41 PM »
OTAY!!

Since it was my idea and all... I SUPPOSE... it's my job? :grin1:

First official 'class'... and everthing!  :partydance:

You have two days - the teeth painting class will take place on Thursday the 15th, at 8am Central USA time. 

(yes, I know, not a lot of time... but, ya know... not a lot of obscure supplies either! :grin1: and I didn't want you to have to wait a week, and I really like Tues and Thurs for classes.... and since today's Tuesday... :hamdance:

SO!! - Painting teeth!

What you'll need:
A doll with an open smile (ie. one who SHOWS teeth!)
Acetone
cotton balls
q-tips
Random rag
A very thin liner brush - preferably a 20/0
Titanium white paint
Goose feather (or beige of some sort) paint
Burnt Sienna (reddish brown) paint
A paint retarder or flow aid
water

That should do it!

If you have questions about the supplies between now and Thursday morning... speak up! :grin1:

If you're unsure when 8am USA Central time is - go here:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
If you fill in the blanks, for Sept, 15, 8am, Wichita, KS USA and then fill in where you are.... it should work for you?

I will post the first steps in picture form with lots of 'how to' type descriptions at 8am, (central USA) right here.  I will BE HERE to answer questions or problems until 10am (central USA).  You can post questions either on here in the topic or in the chat board - I WILL be here.

I don't THINK we'll need a second class, I think it will turn out to be a LOT more simple than you think... but we'll see.

IF I should need a second class, or if there should be enough problems to WARRANT a second class, I will be here and posting on Friday Sept 16, from 8am Central USA to 10am, Central USA to help.

I know this is all sudden and (what, what, what'd I miss??) but... it should be fun anyway? :grin1:

:hamdance:  :hug1:  :woohoo:  :hug1:  :woohoo:  :hug1:  :woohoo:  :hamdance:

**EDIT** - I lied, I'm an idiot?  There WILL have to be a second class, just so the boring base coat has time to dry!  :partydance:

SO - second class on FRIDAY at 8am to 10am!

:hug1:
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 07:26:52 AM by Valkyrie »
That which does not kill me - has made a grave tactical error - Jerry Pournelle

Offline security16

• Swapers
Re: Painting Teeth
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 11:10:16 PM »
Sydney (Australia - New South Wales)   Thursday, 15 September 2011 at 11:00:00 PM
Woohoo i might just be able to make it !!!   

Offline Valkyrie

• Administrator
  • Ruler of all I survey
    • Dolls-n-Daggers
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 11:13:57 PM »
Sydney (Australia - New South Wales)   Thursday, 15 September 2011 at 11:00:00 PM
Woohoo i might just be able to make it !!!

I know it's close, I do - but.. if it helps, I got the idea LATE this eve, I have to scramble to get the work table cleaned off and even find the doll so I can get her painted tomorrow so I'm set up for you guys on Thursday?   :grin1:

Offline security16

• Swapers
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 11:22:29 PM »
Late night here works better for me cause hubby and bubby are usually in bed out of my way! But then i have the meowing ones to contend with

Offline Cyndrome

• Swapers
    • Deviant art account
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 02:59:38 AM »
Can't make it, it's 1am fridaynight over here! Too bad, but I can check this thread afterwards, can't I?

Offline Valkyrie

• Administrator
  • Ruler of all I survey
    • Dolls-n-Daggers
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 05:53:47 AM »
Can't make it, it's 1am fridaynight over here! Too bad, but I can check this thread afterwards, can't I?

Oh ABSOLUTELY! - I'll probably copy it and have it here AND under repaints....I haven't quite figured that one out yet .... BUT... the 'classes' will absolutely stay on-line!

:hug1:

Offline Duvet

• Swapers
  • Je suis libertin, mais pas un pecheur!
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 06:20:02 AM »
Well online classes won't work for me....It will be too late for me too to participate to the class....

Offline Valkyrie

• Administrator
  • Ruler of all I survey
    • Dolls-n-Daggers
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 06:22:49 AM »
Well online classes won't work for me....It will be too late for me too to participate to the class....

Well - THIS on-line class might not work for you - but there's no telling when other people will want to hold theirs!

Mine's only at this time, because it's pretty much my only truly functional time of day! :grin1:

Don't give up on us yet honey!

Offline Duvet

• Swapers
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 06:53:57 AM »

Well - THIS on-line class might not work for you - but there's no telling when other people will want to hold theirs!

Mine's only at this time, because it's pretty much my only truly functional time of day! :grin1:

Don't give up on us yet honey!
AH, I am not giving up! In fact I was thinking of participating as much as I can, but that will happen only when I will have insomnia.... :rolf1:

Offline mystic

• Swapers
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 08:46:15 AM »
I'd love to join but I'll be working at the time.  I know everyone will have a blast though, so good luck.
Can't keep a good doll down

Offline Liane77

• Swapers
  • Adopt the pace of Nature: her secret is patience
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 09:40:28 AM »
I'm alreay choosing my victim! :hamdance:
Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter. Mark Twain
~
I support the Animals Matter To Me Campaign:
http://www.animalsmatter.org/ Let's help the animals all over the world! Every signature counts! :D

Offline Ms. Whovian

• Swapers
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 10:10:56 AM »
I've done teeth before but am soooooo willing to see a better way......But not at 8am ,it will be 9am here so maybe all slip in late to see and then paint later when I'm fully awake and moving.....Should be fun though.......
The Doctor: How did you know this was me?
Captain Jack: The police box kinda gives it away.

Cynthia

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 04:31:19 PM »
I will be at work at 8:00am too. With  nekkid dollies hidden under my desk and tools and stuff in desk drawers  :doll: Not really - I need my job  :grin1: I will catch up at night.

Offline zoeybird

• Swapers
    • You're a Doll
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 05:34:42 PM »
I hope Duvet does a class! Will we have to post pics of our finished project as our assignment?

Offline Duvet

• Swapers
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 05:45:18 PM »
I hope Duvet does a class! Will we have to post pics of our finished project as our assignment?
Ok, but you will have to wake wayyy too early!  :rolf1: